Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Gift 12




Lunch, not just the meal.  But having lunch with someone.  This was something I did regularly in Wichita.  Sometimes it would be one or two friends.  Other times it would be several people and go on for a few hours.

It wouldn't just be to eat food.  We would catch up, plan, share ideas, give/receive advice or just quietly enjoy the company.  Some of my favorite meals were impromptu ones.  I would decide to go somewhere to grab a bite and send a text to a few people.  Most times, someone would meet me there.

Well, since we moved to Spokane I haven't gone to lunch with anyone.  I did when my sister visited.  And Pops and I have been known to go get something.  But this isn't the same.

Last week I met a small group of physician wives wanting to start a support group for resident spouses.  The coordinator sent me a text that evening thanking me for coming and asking me to lunch sometime to get to know each other better.  Of course I said YES!

So today was the day we picked.  She wanted me to try this new "gem" of a eatery.  We met at 11:30 and left at 12:30.  She hugged me both hello and good bye.  We talked the entire hour, without much silence.  She even made some notes to herself to send me information on some things I was asking.  I got a text tonight thanking me for meeting her and that we should do it again sometime.

I'm not sure where this will go, but it was SO NICE to do something I normally did.  Today's gift is lunch...not just a MEAL, so much more.

No comments: