Saturday, July 13, 2019

RJ Condit

I have been busy these last few weeks, so I promise to catch up.  But before I do, I want to pay tribute to my step-dad...RJ.

Today would be RJ's birthday.  He passed away June 28th.  For those of you who knew him, know what he was like.  But let me introduce him as my step-dad.

Everyone wants to see there parents happy.  We, as kids, try to please them.  But this world is broken and we are only human, so challenges will try to take that happiness away.  Thankfully, God has a plan for us.  Even when our plans don't work.

So when marriages fall apart, God will provide.  And he did just that 11 years ago.  My mom met RJ online.  They agreed to meet at a public place to see if dinner would be an option.  It was.  They ate at the Blind Tiger.  The rest was storybook.

RJ showed my mom what if feels like to be valued as a wife.  He was a very smart man, who managed the money for their household.  My mom was the spontaneous partner that showed him how accessible adventures are.

Adventures will continue to happen, but he will always be a part of them in our hearts.


No comments: