Sunday, December 29, 2019

Olympia Trip and The Polar Express

So, one of my favorite Christmas stories is the Polar Express.  I've always heard that people will take their kids to places to ride a train and experience the story in person.  I got on line and discovered they had one at Mt. Rainier.  Of course I HAD to get us tickets.  I also thought that since we would be in the area, we could just spend the whole weekend in Olympia.  Jake and I really liked the town when we interviewed there over a year ago.  We also told the kids that we would take them to explore it for themselves.  I booked us a hotel by the waterfront and we had a BLAST!

For the first time, Jake and I booked 2 rooms.  One for us and one for the kids to share.  They ended up being across the hall from us.  We ate at a few places I had discovered on my previous trip.  I even took them to my FAVORITE toy store.  Jake told Allie she might sleep better at night if she had a GIANT OCTOPUS.  So she got Ollie.  Owen even got a harmonica.



The evening we did the Polar Express was EPIC.  They had actors dressed as the main characters.  We had a cookie and cup of hot chocolate.  Santa even walked around greeting everyone and giving them a silver bell (just like the book).








I'm so glad my family indulged me and went on this adventure with me.  One of my favorite Christmas memories.

No comments: