Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Toddler Vandalism!!!


Who knew, with the economy and gas prices, the biggest epidemic is Toddler Vandalism!  I was listening to this on the radio this morning while taking Owen to school.  People would call in stories of outrageous accidents kids did.  I laughed to myself thinking about Owen's brief encounter on Monday morning with some blue finger paint in my craft room.  The damage was very minimal so I was counting my lucky stars.  But I told Owen that he wasn't allowed in my room unsupervised again.  "Yes, mommy."  was his angelic answer.

Then I became a victim!  My daughter fell asleep in the car picking Owen up from school, so I knew she wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap.  So I agreed to let the kids pick a movie to quietly watch, while I folded my mountain of clean clothes.  I left the two of them sitting pleasantly on the couch and went to my room to start my chore.  About ten or fifteen minutes later, I started to notice how quiet it was downstairs.  I went down stairs to find an empty T.V. room, empty play room and an empty ping pong room.  My heart went into my throat, I knew exactly where they were!  I came around the corner to find my two sweet children in the middle of a pile of pens, pencils, photos, scissors, paper, stamps and best of all SILVER INK PAD!  My son looked up at me with this "Look at what I did!" expression and his arms from elbow to finger tip covered in silver ink.  He looked like the freakin Tin Man!  There was ink on my desk, bookcase, Allison and best of all the carpet.  Consider the colorful vocabulary that I grew up listening to, all I got out was "What the HELL were you thinking?"  I picked up my two children and took them to the bathroom clean them up.  I put Allison in her crib, told Owen to sit on his bed and not to move, then went downstairs to begin the clean up process.  Cleaning must be therapeutic, because by the time I was done I could actually laugh about the whole scene and of course blog it!

4 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I am so glad to hear your story, I was beginning to think my kids were the only ones that made messes and got into things.

Julie said...

It is hard not to stifle their creative endeavors and/or lock them in their rooms for the next 5 years!

peanut3762 said...

Did you get pictures of the massacre?

Angie said...

Seriously- where are the pictures?!