Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas-Part 3






Christmas morning started rather early in our household.  At 6:15, Owen woke up and wanted to know why Santa didn't come.  It was still dark outside and we hadn't turned on any lights, so he was unaware of the booty that was displayed on the fireplace.  I tried to keep him on the DL, until it was a little later and everyone could sleep in, but I had to see where I was going.  As soon as the light flicked on, his eyes jumped out of the sockets.  "Hey, hey, hey, hey...look!"  Santa rocked!  Owen sat there and just looked at all the treasures he had received.  He turned to me, a little broken but grateful, and said, "Santa forgot to bring me Spike.  But I did get Moon Sand."  My heart almost shattered there on the spot, knowing that his hearts desire was waiting for him downstairs.  Eventually, everyone else stirred.  Daddy was anxious to let Owen go downstairs.  So I encouraged him to take his Elefun game downstairs to play.  I walked down ahead of him with the camera and turned as soon as I heard, "He DID get me Spike!"  Both kids spent the remainder of the exhausting day playing with all of their  loot from the man in red.  I hope we have more Christmas mornings like this one.

1 comment:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Just a little warning-Moon sand is the devil!! I finally threw it away after painfully having to clean it up every day. Maybe you'll have a better experience. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas and that Owen got everything he wanted!