Saturday, September 24, 2011

Race for the cure

This morning, the kids and I got up early and drove to Town East Mall for the "Race for the cure" Komen 5K. We were part of a team that was started for my friend Kris Jittawait. Before I show the pictures from the event, I want to thank my family and friends that sponsored me. Our team was one of the top 2 individual/teams in raising money!!! Now for the pics!!

It's early, but she's READY!

Owen and Noah, Kris's son.

Kris and myself, Allie took this pic.
Don't we look TALL!!!

We saw our friends the Farleys.

I walked/ran the non competitive 5K, pulling this!
I finished it in 1:30:35. :)

The weather was perfect! We even saw hot air balloons.

Even Storm Troopers fight this battle!

The Pink Ladies

During the Survivor Parade, Kris's family watches proudly as she walks by.

They had all the survivors stand on the bleachers for a group photo, they had a group sing an amazing song and then let several doves go at the end. Just as we watched them fly above us, we all thought the same thing. "Please, don't poo on us!" But just as the final dove flew over the survivors, you can only guess what happened. Luckily, NO ONE got hit!

The only victim of the poo.

No comments: