Sunday, September 4, 2011

Training-week 24


Well, I did my last 20 mile run (before the actual marathon). It was both amazing and difficult at the same time. I got company for my 5:30 am start. Our friend, Kevin, is visiting for the weekend and agreed to run with me for a while. And my girlfriend, Julie, came over to meet us. Julie was great! She actually ran farther than she has run outside with me in a LONG WHILE. Then she decided to turn back and start her busy day. Kevin ran the entire first loop with me. That's 10 miles!!! It was the farthest he has EVER ran. I was so proud of him. He's been toying with the idea of training for a half marathon. Well, I can honestly say, HE IS READY!

The last loop of 10 miles was a solo run. The sun was starting to come out and make it a little warmer and the wind was CRAZY. After reaching mile 16 my left knee started to hurt so I had to "speed walk" off and on for the rest of the 20. But I finished it! Chicago... Here I Come!

2 comments:

Patsy Baker said...

You are ready! You are gonna do so great. And if Kevin ran ten, he's ready for a half. Wooooo hooooo!!!

Julie said...

Glad to share a tiny fraction of your run with you.