Saturday, September 28, 2019

My dad's visit

I'm starting to realize that no matter what my plans are, if I surrender them to God...He makes them better.  My mom was planning to drive from Topeka, KS to Spokane, WA after her furniture was picked up.  Originally, I was going to try and fly back so she didn't have to drive that distance alone.  Needless to say, my schedule (and life) wasn't making that plan easy.  So I prayed.  He answered less than 2 hours after I said "Amen".  My mom called me to say she had the idea to ask my dad to ride up with her and she would fly him back to Kansas after he got a few days to visit with us.  My dad was THRILLED!  He got the time off and packed his bag.

*sidenote- my parents have been divorced for 25 years.

When they got here, mom and Jen got comfortable in their new home (sans the furniture) and dad stayed with me.  We got to show him several of our favorite spots.  Mom and Jen took him to all the unique to Spokane places, while I continued with my daily schedule.  Owen and I even got to take him through Manito Park. (That's what the pic is from)

Dad was here for 5 days.  I think he enjoyed himself, but my blessing from it was he got to see where we live.  It might be a while before he comes back to visit, but I think he's happy we are all here and blooming where God has planted us.

No comments: