Monday, November 17, 2008

Run, Forest, Run!











I started running for fun about 6 months ago, after my wonderful husband thought running would be a fun activity to do together.  Yesterday, I ran my first half marathon!  Jake ran the whole thing... 26.2 miles!  I was so proud of him and myself.  It was so much FUN!!!  We flew to San Antonio, Texas on Saturday morning.  We ran on Sunday morning in the Inaugural Rock N' Roll Marathon.  We flew home today.  It was the perfect weekend.  The food was great, the weather was good and we even got to see some friends.  I have even started thinking about where I want to go run my next half marathon.  Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Acker Family said...

Great job!! What a huge accomplishment! How is Lori and her family doing??? She looks great!

Angie said...

I am busting a gut because I am so proud of you.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

That's so cool that you got to see Lori, I sure miss you all. Wow, you are inspiring, you almost make me want to dust off my jogging shoes.