Monday, January 12, 2009

Exotic taste buds!




For those of you who know me, even just an acquaintance, know that Jake and I are "particular" eaters.  Well, the last time we went to New York Jake got crazy and tried some Indian food.  He was hooked!  He has sense been debating on whether or not to try some here in Wichita.  The other night he got some as take out and brought it home.  It was called Chicken Vindaloo.  He liked it and even more bizarre...I tried it and liked it!  So, last night, Jake wanted to get some again.  I told him I would get what he had and he decided to try something new, Chicken Spinach.  Here is where the evening gets exciting.  Jake opened his up and the first thing you hear is me, Owen and Allison all making disgusted noises.  Then out of the blue, Allie decides she wants to try it.  Even though Owen announced that it resembled Swamp Goo, she took a sample from daddy's fork.  She chewed it over a little then declared, "Good!"  Turning to daddy she demands, "More, Now!"  This went on until there wasn't much left.  I would like to add, Owen and I stood our ground.  It DID look like Swamp Goo!  We didn't try any.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I still think about Jake and his 6oreos and 4 rolos - what was it again? I'd be interested what the new combination is by the looks of how great you both look it probably is something like 5 spinach leaves and 3 almonds.

Angie said...

Smart girl- it may look a little weird but it's delish.