Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Confessions of a S.A.H. (surprised and horrified) Mommy


I recently went blog searching and stumbled upon an entry from another mommy about her adventures in laundry.  I was entertained to say the least.  In fact, I shared her story with several of my mommy friends.  Little did I know that "fate" would give me a taste of that medicine.

This morning I started a load of laundry before taking Owen to school.  (In my mind, I am praising myself for being so productive.)  This surge in energy, however, fizzled.  I managed to transfer the load to the dryer just after putting the kids to bed.  Here is where the story gets good.  As I am lifting the clothes, I spy with my little eye the makes of a Dora pull-up.  You guessed it!  I had washed a pull-up.  And to my surprise, they can really hold a ton of water.  I quickly pulled it out and continued to transfer the rest of the clothes.  This time I catch a glimpse of something electric blue stuck to the side of the washing machine basin.  I pause and reach in to examine.  Wouldn't you know it, somehow I had thrown a fist sized glob of play dough with that load.  Apparently, when you add an enormous amount of water to this medium it loses it's pliability.  It was this sticky, gooey, slimy mess that once I got some of it off the machine I couldn't get it off my fingers.  I didn't want anyone to see my wonderful domestic skills in action, so I quickly cleaned it up and threw the evidence away.  Now I am just praying I didn't miss some other little surprise that is currently spinning in my dryer.

To be continued...

4 comments:

peanut3762 said...

At least it wasn't a hermit crab!

Julie said...

I second that!

ozartink said...

You know.....I was just about to comment on that very subject,but.....some things just stick in your mind...short term memory loss and all! I can still see that poor pathetic looking crab...and Sunnye's horrified face when she opened the washing machine! It just sticks in your mind!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I thought of you and this post today when I pulled a shoe out of the washer. I didn't notice I'd thrown in a brand new leather Gymboree shoe, I hope it dries off and isn't ruined.