Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day 2009, Olive Garden Lunch

Today we celebrate the one who brought us into this world,  Mom!  A friend of mine was "commenting" on how hard it has been this week, since her husband was out of town and she was basically a "single" mommy.  After much thought on this subject, I realized how blessed I am.  There are women out there who are raising children all by themselves and working full-time to support her family.  I admire women like this.  I have a loving and wonderful husband who works, so that I can stay home, and helps in the raising of our two beautiful children.  He tells me on almost a daily basis how thankful he is to have me as a wife and mother of his children.  I love what I do and wouldn't change it for the world.  I never saw myself as a stay-at-home mommy, but I definitely feel I am doing what I was made to do.

Knowing that I am not alone in the motherhood.  I want to give a quick acknowledgement to those I know.

Sunnye - My mom will be the first to tell anyone that when she became a mommy, she didn't have a clue as to what she was doing.  But from her lack of knowledge, I learned to prioritize what is truly important.  Years from now I will always remember how she never wasted time keeping our house clean, but she would drop everything to play with us.

Jackie - My grandma is the matriarch of my family.  From her I learned that if you want something in your life you have to be willing to work hard for it.  I take great pride in thinking that I do this with every thing.

Joannie - My mother-in-law is a woman filled with adoration.  I see how much she loves her son, my husband, and that love continues to grow.  It is unconditional and unwavering.  I am learning first hand that special love through my own children.

Karen - My step-mom was selected for me, not by my choice, but with my heart in mind.  She accepted me and my sister and loves my children without a second thought.  From her I learned that we always need to keep our eyes and hearts open to what we are given.  Sometimes unanswered prayers bring the biggest rewards.

And to all my dear mommy friends - I love watching us grow and learn from each other.  I take and give the best I can find.  We are amazing women doing the most amazing things on a daily basis.  I am so lucky to have you all.

1 comment:

ozartink said...

I hope your Mother's Day was truly blessed....as you have blessed those with your thoughts in your blog....You are gifted in your position and I am sure your children will always be aware of it and greatly benefit from that experience!