Wednesday, May 29, 2019

BARE, a pop opera

Sometimes, I find out about the REALLY cool things that are happening in my area.  And it's rare that I am able to attend these things.  Well, I was able to get tickets for Allie and I to see the dress rehearsal for Bare, A Pop Opera on May 23rd.  This musical is running from May 24-June 16, but they were hosting a "dress rehearsal" where the proceeds for the tickets went to Odyssey Youth Movement.  This is a local program to help teens and young adults dealing with sexual identity.  The LGBTQ+ group is the umbrella organization for them.

The musical was AMAZING!!!  I laughed out loud and I cried.  I even had a conversation with the house manager, who grew up in Wichita!!!  Allie had a blast and I even bought her a button.  The soundtrack is now on my phone.  My all time favorite song is "God Don't Make No Trash".



No comments: