Monday, July 7, 2008

It's the end of the world...


...blisters!  As adults we take this minor injury with a grain of salt.  It is just a fact of life.  My son however, experienced his first today and you would have thought he was dying.  We went to Exploration Place for about an hour of playing.  At the end, I took him into the bathroom.  He was taking off his new slip-on dock shoes telling me that his feet were hurting.  I glanced down and saw that the pinkie toes on both his feet had popped blisters.  Not aware of the pain these can cause, my son reached down to pull off the flap of skin.  You guessed it!  Blood-curdling screams came from our stall and could be heard at the castle.  I had to carry him and his shoes to the car as he continued to wail in my ear.  He calmed down enough on the drive home to sob and talk about these new travesties of life.  He claimed he couldn't do anything because he now had bad toes.  I tried to explain that everyone gets these from time to time.  He wasn't buying it.  I guess some lessons in life are harder when your 3.

2 comments:

Angie said...

It's super hard to be small. Poor little monkey.

Mindi said...

Yeah! I am so glad you started a blog- another one I can check! Sorry about the blister! Your baby is so big and darling!