Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun Run


This morning I drove to the Sedgewick County Park on the west side, ready to do my first 10K.  The weather was perfect!  I met up with my good friend Angela and her mom (thanks for taking our picture).  It was a really good trail.  I just took my time and didn't over do it.  In the end, I finished in 1:05:40.  That's about 10 minute miles!  It's a far cry from completing a whole marathon, but it is a start!  Next on my list is the "Hospital Hill Run" in KC on June 6th.  We'll see how that goes...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoo hooo! That's my Sister! Way to go! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Carrie said...

This is too funny! Paul is actually Jen, for those of you who are confused.

peanut3762 said...

It was an honest mistake!

Julie said...

Run, Forest, Run! You girls are ass kicking rock star runners! Puts my 3 miles on the treadmill to shame!

Carrie said...

3 miles is AWESOME! Plus, that is a treadmill run. 3 miles is about the most I'll put on a treadmill.

ozartink said...

Run 4 life!!!!!!!!That way you'll be around foe a long time and agravate your kids!!!!