Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Confessions of a S.A.H. (stay at home) Mommy


I believe that humor is what gets us through the rough times.  Allow me to entertain you with my experience today.

Set the scene-I have been wearing my work-out clothes since 7:00 am in the hopes of getting at least a 3 mile run in today.  My wonderful husband tries to give me every opportunity to attain my goal, unfortunately life got in my way.  He had to leave for work around 2:30, which left me solo for the remainder of the day.  My handsome son informs me how much he really wants to go to his school's Open House tonight.  It was from 6-7, so I informed him that we might be able to squeeze in a little cameo.  After taking my husband his dinner and feeding myself and the kids, we were looking at 5:00.  So I quickly drove home to wash my face, still in work-out clothes, and get shoes for the kids.  They both picked their new (too big for them) rain boots.  Perfect!  I load up the car and we get to the school right at 6:00.  As I start to unbuckle my beautiful daughter, I smell an order.  You all know the one!  Lucky for me I had an extra pull-up and wipes in my purse.  I inform the dynamic duo that we will be making a quick stop at the restroom before we go to the classrooms.  Raise your hands if you have ever experienced the "blow out".  Hmmmm, that's what I thought.  SO, I finally get my daughter into a clean pull-up, throw her dirty one AND pink skirt in the trash, all the while my son is giving me commentary on what he is observing.  She quickly puts her boots on and we head to the classrooms.  You guessed it, I was THAT mommy.  My daughter in a tee shirt, pull-up and rain boots.  Nice!  Luck for me, the director had extra pants and let us borrow a pair.  We play for half an hour and start to head to the car.  By this time I need to use the restroom.  But I figure I can hold it until we get home.  Wouldn't you know it, just as I get the kids buckled up, I SNEEZE!  Any mommy can tell you what happened next.  I quickly get in the car and head home.  Ahhhhh, the joys of me.

To be continued...

4 comments:

Angie said...

It really makes me feel a lot better about myself to know that this kind of stuff happend to you too.

ozartink said...

Bless you!!!!! Thank God it was sweats......some days are diamonds and others may turn to stone....

Julie said...

That's what I'm talking about. Keeping it real in the blogging! Yea, Carrie!

Mindi said...

So I kind of feel like you are getting an understanding of why I looked the way I looked back in Wichita. Not that I wished these sort of things on you - its just motherhood.