Sunday, January 27, 2019

New "hobby"

I've loved studying God's word.  In Wichita, I was a part of CBS (Community Bible Study).  I would do this on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.  Then on Saturday, I would spend up to 6 hours at Newspring getting ready for the service.  I loved it!  I even met with a few middle school moms one day a week before pick up to pray for the staff, students and parents.

Since living in Spokane, finding a church home for us has been a little bumpy.  We will watch Newspring online and call that church.  The kids have each found a youth group they fit in.  Owen meets on Monday evenings at Southside and Allie goes to Summit on Wednesday evenings.

There isn't a CBS in Spokane, so I signed up for the AM book study through the Life Center church I had originally thought to be our new home church.  It meets on Tuesday mornings and I LOVE my group leaders.  The book we are doing is All Things New (2 Corinthians).  They have asked me to help with hospitality the 30 minutes before and after.  I work with about 4 other ladies setting up the coffee and snacks and cleaning up after.

There I met a woman who invited me to meet with some doctor's wives wanting to start a Side By Side chapter in Spokane.  I didn't know what this was, but I went.  Met a few cool ladies and decided to join.  The book they will be starting next month is Seamless.  One of the main leaders invited me to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) that meets on Wednesday mornings.  So I agreed.  It's similar to CBS, so I felt somewhat at home being there.

Now my calendar has me at AM study every Tuesday morning.  BSF is every Wednesday morning.  Side By Side meets every other Friday morning starting February 1.  I also meet for a once a month moms group at Life Center on Thursday mornings.

I am meeting TONS of christian moms and woman of ALL ages.  I can't wait to see what these "hobbies" become in a few years.

No comments: