Thursday, March 28, 2019

Week before Spring Break

Some may use the few days before a week long trip to pack and plan...but there have been so many things to distract me from doing that.  Allow me to share.


I got a Golden Girls (Rose) Chia Pet.  You read that correctly.  I asked for it as an early Mother's Day Gift.  I even got one (Blanche) for my friend who is letting me stay with her when we are back in Wichita for Spring Break.


Lucy our dog actually caught a squirrel.  It didn't die, but it was not going to make it.  So, Jake and Pops "finished" the job with some shovels.  This was a very stressful moment, but I promise this will become a frequently told story.


Owen asked for me to buy him an electric razor.  That's right!  Owen has developed a faint mustache. It was starting to bug him, so he wanted to shave it off.


He also is graduating to a REAL cell phone.  He is one for doing research, and has selected the Razer Phone 2.  It's a total upgrade from his "burner" phone with all the cracks in the screen.


I got to visit a friend from Wichita, who was in town staying with her daughter. Carla Cannata was my CBS Children's Director for several years.  When we first moved here, Carla sent me her daughter's cell phone number to introduce myself and ask any questions I may have.  We texted a few times, but were never able to meet, until today.  It was such a good visit.  2 1/2 hours later I'm driving home with a loaf of homemade pumpkin bread.

No comments: