Friday, April 12, 2019

Spring Break Highlights-part 1

We flew into Wichita March 30th around 5:30 in the evening.  Our first matter of business was to eat dinner.  So we met my sister and dad at McAllister's.  It was a good visit and while we were winding down, in walked a few of my favorite families from Newspring Church.  It was so nice to get some hugs and catch up, even if it was brief.  I told them we were planning to attend the 11:15 service the next day and hoped to see them again.

After dinner, I dropped Allie off at the Brotherton's house to have a sleepover with Natalie.  I also picked Jake Brotherton up to join Owen for a sleepover at the Kawabata's house.  We stayed in their attached apartment while we were in Wichita.  It was PERFECT!  We had a garage opener and were able to come and go as our schedule allowed.  Plus, we got to hang out almost every evening with them before going to bed.

The next morning, I took Jake B home and picked Allie up. We then went to Newspring.  I forgot how busy the 11:15 service was.  We got there 15 minutes early and it took that whole time to walk in and get hugs from EVERYONE.  Owen and I just barely made it to our seats when the worship started.  The message was AMAZING!!!! Boy, do I miss this church.  After service, I went around to get some final hugs in.  I even arranged to have lunch with Karla Stinson on Wednesday!!!

The kids and I met the Norris family (minus Dave) at Panera for lunch.  It was so good to catch up with them.  I'm praying they find a time to visit Washington.

The BIG plan for Sunday (besides church) was to meet with a couple of the kids friends for bowling and Freddy's.  Allie invited Peyton and Sophia.  These girls have stayed in contact all year via FaceTiming.  My sister came as MY friend.  Owen invited Justin and Collin.  Unfortunately Collin got confused as to when the bowling was and didn't make it.  But we made plans for the next day to see him AND Justin.  After bowling the boys did a VR game and the girls played in the arcade.  We went to Freddy's and had dinner and custard.  Sophia got necklaces from her trip to Hawaii for all the girls.  (Allie has worn her's everyday since!)

I'll end with a few pics and post again for part 2.
Allie at Natalie's house.
Jake, Xander and Owen at Xander's house.
Sunday breakfast the boys made!
The bowling crew!
 I even saw my friend Janna!!
 Peyton, Allie and Sophia with their necklaces on.
My sister and me.
 The boys checking out the games as the girls play.
 The girls all won ducks!!
Justin and Owen fighting zombie robots.
I saw Rachel at Freddy's (and set up a breakfast during the week).
 The boys took a pic with cardboard Freddy.
The girls enjoying custard.

No comments: