Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Class of 2022!


Tonight was Wheatland Elementary School's Kindergarten Round-up parent meeting.  Can you believe it?  My baby is going to be going to kindergarten in 6 months!  The school building is new, it even has that "New School" smell.  The principal got up in front of all of us eager parents and did a great job keeping the meeting short and still getting all the important questions answered.  We got introduced to a few teachers and support staff, got a take-home folder filled with multiple information sheets and ended it with a tour of the kindergarten classrooms.  I'm not sure who is going to be more excited, me or Owen?  I even got giddy when they told us school supply lists will be mailed soon.  Our friends, the Williams, got to enjoy the experience with us.  Next year is going to be so fun!  The last image on the principals power point was a picture of the school with the words, "Wheatland Warriors, Class of 2022".  I almost can't believe it, my baby is going to be in kindergarten!

1 comment:

peanut3762 said...

What's not to get excited about when it comes to school supplies??? Not that you haven't always gotten excited about school supplies. I know, you've gone through withdrawal. Starting 6 months from now your little "warrior" will keep that urge fulfilled.