Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Penny saved, Penny earned?


On the way to school yesterday, Owen was telling me he wanted to get a new light saber that pops out and makes noise.  I explained to him that he is more than welcome to spend his allowance on that.  "Oh no, mommy!" he answered.  "I am going to get Jet Storm and Jet Fire with my allowance."  I tell him that he only gets $5 a week and those transformers cost more.  "I know, mommy.  I asked Allison if I could have $23 from her piggy bank to get them and she said 'YES'."  I inquire as to when he asked her and he tells me this morning.

Apparently, when I told him he could save his allowance each week to buy something bigger, he thought he could just get the money from his sister.  At least he knows that we aren't made of money... but Allie is!