Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rose Tinted Glasses


I've heard recently that facts are the facts, the way you look at them determines your attitude.  Well, today I put that theory to the test.  On the way to taking Owen to school, I noticed my car sounded a little slow to start.  When we went to pick him up from school, it was a little slower.  Jake was in the passenger seat so I asked him to look up our car dealer on my phone and see if he could get me an oil change appointment for the next morning and maybe look at my starter.  After he called and made my appointment for 10:00, I asked him to save the number in my phone so I can use it next time.  (Looking back, I might have had a psychic moment!)  We came home ate lunch, put Allie down for her nap and I decided to run my 3 miles on the treadmill.  Not a great run, but I was feeling the endorphins during my hot shower after.  I decided to go buy a new outfit for Girls Night Out and told Jake I would also pick him up some hummus and pita for dinner.  I drove to Ann Taylor, walked in picked it out, tried it on and bought it in under 10 minutes!  I drove to Bella Luna, walked in and got Jake's food.  I walked back to my car and tried to start it... NOTHING!  So I calmly called Jake to inform him of the situation.  I decided to call the dealer to see what they could do.  They were AWESOME!  He gave me a road-side assistance number to call and an account number for my extended warranty (amazing that I even had one) and his direct number in case I had any trouble.  Within 30 minutes a man was jumping my battery (which was about to die for good) and I was able to drive my car to the dealer.  They were able to get it in and replaced my battery, did my oil change, I got 4 new tires and they washed it for me by 6:00 (their closing time).  I even was able to get the car and get ready for Sumo with my girlfriends by 7:00.

Some might have gotten upset at the crazy sequence of events.  But NOT me!  I had the best day!  Everything worked out so smoothly.  And now I don't have to try to squeeze in an oil change today.

Special Thanks to all of those who got my car fixed at Davis Moore Mazda, Julie for picking me up at the dealer and Amy for taking me back to get the car.

1 comment:

Angie said...

omg- i didn't hear about any of this- so glad it worked out ok.