WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW!!!
I know that some people might find it silly, lame, waste-of-money... you get the idea. But these guys really know how to entertain! I bought our tickets (Jake agreed to go with me) while we were still in Boston. I had them stuck on the fridge for over 4 months! This was a weekend trip long over due and much appreciated.
I'll basically hit the highlights (not in any order).
- We got SO MUCH sleep.
- No kids for 48 hours!
- We ate at Minsky's for 2 of our meals. (calzone one meal, chicken tostada pizza the other)
- Bought furniture at Nebraska Furniture Mart for the basement's "game room".
- Put make up on (second time in over a year)
- I was 5 FEET from Nick Carter and AJ McLean.
- Jake quote, "QUICK! Go touch a Back Street Boy!"
- There were NO Men's restrooms. Jake had to use the "family restroom".
- I saw lots of women in NEON outfits.
- There were 2 guys dressed as boy band members. (hat side-ways and overalls with only one strap fastened)
- TONS OF WOMEN! All shapes and sizes.
- They played one of our favorite songs as an intro to the NKOTB. (Drop Kick Murphy's)
- Matthew Morrison was one of the opening acts! (My GLEE experience is complete!)
- I was deaf for about 2 hours after the show.
- We were up to almost MIDNIGHT!!! (we don't even do that on NYE)
Needless to say, I loved every minute. I didn't take any pictures, but I LIVED every minute. We really enjoyed our weekend. (Thank you, Jen.) Our next big "sans kids" trip... Kauai, HI!!!