Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Upgrade!


I have a few friends who think that getting older isn't anything to get excited about. Today I turn 34! I can't think of a thing NOT to be excited about.

I got the best nights sleep last night. Woke up to my two beautiful children climbing into bed with me to "cuddle" this morning. I got dressed in my running clothes and walked into the kitchen to find the most perfect birthday present from my wonderful husband. A set of speakers for my ipod. I got to test them out first thing this morning. They were AWESOME! I have had several friends text me, a few phone calls, a ton of facebook shout-outs and even a delivery wishing me a happy birthday. My husband just told me he wanted to take me on a "real date". Dinner and a movie! This sounds like the best birthday ever.

I understand why some would have issues about getting older. But not me... I think of my self as getting an "Upgrade". I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, but I wouldn't want to be.

4 comments:

ozartink said...

Like fine wine....improving with age.....not old....just older!

Acker Family said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!!

Angie said...

Love you, happy birthday!

Mindi said...

I think I needed to hear your half-cup full attitude about aging! Thanks!