Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness


One little thing... a kind word... a thoughtful gesture... something easily done... making someone's day better. I've stopped watching the news and barely know what is actually going on in our world today. But I am aware of what is going on in MY world. I see small things make or break a person's spirit and attitude for the day in an instant. My children are my sensitive gauge.

This morning I woke up to my happy and healthy children ready to start their day. They suggested eating breakfast at McDonald's. I said we would have to hurry and get ready in order to make that happen. We got there in plenty of time. I noticed my phone had a text message. So in the parking lot before we even entered, I read it. It was from my amazing husband. "Thank you for being such a good person. I'd never be as happy as I am today without you." Two simple and honest sentences made me feel like a "ROCK STAR". We walked into a rather empty McDonald's and proceeded to order. My kids didn't stay by me, they ran to the toy display. However, I was in a GREAT mode (thanks to a text) and let it slide and even joked with the cashier about the toys being a blessing and curse at the same time. She perked up and joked back. I went to get our drinks and when I turned around, the very same cashier had come around and brought my kids each a toy. The looks on their faces were priceless! They happily ate their food and talked about what an AWESOME day today is going to be... I agree.

One little thing... a kind word... a thoughtful gesture... something easily done... making someone's day better. Random acts of kindness, they make life better!

2 comments:

ozartink said...

they don't cost a cent....just a moment of time....a smile...a laugh....a "hello"....a "how are you?" Letting someone know they are there.....and sharing a moment...shine the light and those Random Acts of Kindness....return with interest....like the ripples in the pool of water...from a cast stone...they just get bigger and bigger....touching so many people...Life can be so wonderful...it is so easy....as simple as saying..."thank you"...or "have a nice day"...Shine a light...today.

ozartink said...

You make me so proud to be your father....I am blessed...thank you for sharing!