Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sing me a song, Piano-man!





Last night I had an amazing date. Jake and I went to dinner with my dad and Karen to this really good restaurant, Sabor, downtown. After a leisurely meal, we went to our selected forms of entertainment for the night. Dad and Karen went to see "Rain-The Beatles Tribute" and we went to hear Elton John and Billy Joel. It was amazing!!! They started the show with about 4 or so songs together. They had two pianos facing each other on the stage. Then Joel's piano disappeared and John gave a long set of classic hits. Then John's piano was replaced with Joel's. He was hilarious! Unfortunately, Jake and I have come to the decision that we are getting "older". Our ears were ringing and a little achy by the time Joel started his set. Then add to this, it was 9:45 when he began singing his second song. We were very tired! So we called it an early evening. I'm sure the music would have been AWESOME, but not worth being exhausted today. I heard on the radio that the last song was sung at 11:15. After Joel did his set, John joined him for 6-8 more duet songs. The encore was a combined effort on "Piano Man". It would have been wonderful to hear, but I enjoyed myself without spending myself. Not to mention I had a "HOT GUY" for my date. Thanks for the wonderful evening, I love you!

No comments: