Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where did my baby go?

Today we got Owen's spring pictures. I can't help but look at them and almost cry. It doesn't seem possible that he is this big. I know some would think, "He's only in Kindergarten!" "He's only 5!" But I can close my eyes and see this tiny, precious baby in my arms. The smell, the touch, the sound... it's like I'm there again. But as soon as I open them, this is what I see. A young (NOT LITTLE) man, discovering the world around him without me. I used to be the center of his universe... now his universe has no boundaries. I'm comforted in knowing that I have raised an independent, caring, intelligent, happy child. Who will someday (not too soon, I hope) become a successful, loving, knowledgeable, happy man. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished in these few years and so thankful I have been able to witness them (some from a distance). I am anxious to see what "our" future holds.

1 comment:

ozartink said...

I know all too well those feelings...the memories....the thoughts...knowing how fleeting time can be....hindsight's 20/20...and I can see for myself how well you and Jake have done...yes...it doesn't seem possible...and yet...here he is... on the cusp of youth. His firm foundation will serve him well...