Friday, April 8, 2011

Red Sox Nation


I would never consider myself much of a sports fan. I liked watching football in college (Kansas State) and every now and then I'd think it's fun to try to pick who will win the Super Bowl. But I'd get interested in these events because of the vibe around me. In college, everyone made a big deal about tail-gating and post game celebrations. In January, people are always trying to out-do the year before Super Bowl Party. So as those around me got jazzed about a game, I became jazzed.

Now, I live in Boston. Home of the Red Sox. I couldn't tell you the name of a single player on the team. But I know where Fenway is. I still don't understand lineups, designated hitters, relief pitchers, etc. But I know all the words to "Sweet Caroline". The people of this town are borderline "insane" when it comes to this team. But all that energy is contagious, especially to me. I'm not sure I'll ever really understand baseball... but I will now (and probably forever) be a Red Sox Fan.

No comments: