Thursday, November 15, 2018

Creativity meets vintage


My little girl has recently displayed a knack for writing.  She has been writing poems, short stories and various journaling.  So to encourage her passion and to give it some spice, I took her to the vintage store and we purchased a typewriter.

It brought back so many memories for me.  When I was 10, I asked and got one from Santa.  I don't recall being as creative as she is, but having the tools at my finger tips didn't stop me from trying.  I told her I had been secretly looking for one for her to be a Christmas present.  But at the vintage store it's not guaranteed to always be there.  So when we saw it, we bought it!  The cool thing is it types in cursive.  That's right!  The soon to be forgotten language.  I can't wait to see what she is able to do with this.  And who knows, what this gift will spark in her.

No comments: