Sunday, November 18, 2018

Newspring Church

There are some things in our life that can't be replaced.  Especially when you find that PERFECT thing.  Like pizza.  My family LOVES Minsky's Pizza.  It's been a part of my life for 20 years, so much so that we would drive 3 hours one way just to have some.  (We are even flying out of KC over spring break, just to have Minsky's Pizza one time.)

The same is true for us and our church home.  We knew it was the perfect fit for our family, by how much we would miss attending services when we traveled.  I found a close competitor here in Spokane, but it has it's differences.  And unfortunately, those differences are making regular attending a challenge.

I know that I am the church and that I can worship anywhere.  But slight nuances can make it challenging to be present.  For example, this new church has you open your bibles to follow along.  A great idea, but the speaker waits for people to find the address before talking.  This time tends to make the service go around 10-15 minutes longer than the scheduled hour.  At Newspring they would just show it typed up on the big screens.  I would make note of the address and go back at a later time to read alone.  This church could do this better by taking a page from Newspring.  They have the big screens and will show the words to songs.  Just need to have someone type up the scripture during the sermon.

This may sound small, but I think it's the small things that make a difference.  Like the children's department.  They have these colorful rooms for the younger kids.  But as soon as you go to the Kindergarten room, they are all beige.  I think an splash of color makes the environment that much more inviting.

There are so many suggestions myself or one of my kids have mentioned in conversation that I think would make this place more better, more like Newspring.  But I know there can only be one Newspring.  And God brought us here.  So I will continue to seek a church home.  But for now, watching it on line was a good substitute.  I know God has a plan, and I trust Him.

No comments: