Monday, April 22, 2019

Spring Break Highlights-part 3

Tuesday, April 2 we started with Allie and I getting our hair cut by our FAVORITE stylist.  Kyle is the ONLY person Allie trusts to cut her hair.  This is one way to guarantee an annual trip back to Kansas.  Her hair was SO LONG, that Kyle had her stand up so he could trim the bottom of it.




Then Allie and I met our friend and neighbor, Jillian for lunch at Fuzzy's.  It was so good to catch up with her.  She and I used carpool all the time with our kids.  I loved hearing about her kids and what they have been up to.

The kids and I then went to pick up my dad to spend some time with him.  We all visited the NEW Nifty Nut House.  And of course I bought some goodies that I promptly mailed home to great us after our trip.  We dropped Owen off at his friend, Jaxon's house to have dinner and hang out with tonight. We then visited a shop where the lady who makes hand crafted leather shoes, Jake and I each have a pair she made.  I picked out the leathers I wanted her to make me a pair of moccasins with.  I will post a picture when they arrive.
 These were some of the colors I picked from.
 These are the two I settled on.
This is the design they will be like.

The 4 of us then met my sister after she got off work at a local tattoo parlor.  My sister has been thinking about getting a tattoo since I got mine.  It seems fitting that she get it since she turned 40, and that was when I got mine.  I was the lucky one who got to go back with her to get it.  It only took 10 minutes and came out PERFECT!!!





Finally, we went to Il Vicino for dinner.  It was SO GOOD!!!!  I definitely miss this place.  A long post, but a very memorable day.

No comments: