Wednesday, June 10, 2009

9 Years... and counting!


Today, Jake and I have been married for 9 years.  It is amazing how much people change as they get older.  I met Jake when I was 19.  At the time, I wanted to graduate college and become an CPA.  I wasn't sold on marriage or children, but I didn't think either one would be a bad idea... if the right guy came along.  I'm not sure if I believe in "love at first sight".  But I do know that the more time I spent with Jake, the more optimistic of my future I became.  He made me see myself through his eyes and all I wanted to do was become the best me for him.  15 years later, I love him more each day.  Whether it is him offering to bath the children or surprising me with a trip to the spa (at 12:45 today!), he makes me thankful for the life I have been given.  I don't know what my future holds, but I do know that if I am holding his hand anything is possible.  I love you, Jake!  And I can't wait for the next 59 years.

1 comment:

ozartink said...

why 59??????? Jake is a doctor.....a health enthusiast....You guys are on a trip to shape your bodies and minds to last indefinitely!!!!!!!