Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Father's Day is that one day of the year that we reflect on the relationship we had growing up with our dad and the blooming relationship between our husband and his kids.  Growing up I felt like everyday was an adventure.  My dad was the wizard who could make anything from nothing just by fine tuning my imagination to his frequency.  We never went without and always was loved.

Today, I watch my husband.  The boy I met 15 years ago, evolving into this man I want to spend the rest of my life with, becoming the father my children are lucky to be blessed with.  I'm the fortunate one who gets to take the lessons I learned from my own dad and use them on a daily basis with my son and daughter.

It's amazing how important the role of a father can be.  It may only be celebrated one day a year, but it ripples into every moment of time.  Even after we've grown up.  I love you dad!  Thank you for being you.  

1 comment:

ozartink said...

I am humbled by your words...blessed by them...resurrected and forgiven...made greater by your generosity...thankful for being a part of the life of one so unique...I often wonder why I was so blessed...if I should ever discover that...I will be an author of wide renown...the key to happiness...Priceless!! In the mean time...I will persevere to live up to those standards!