Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Confessions of a S.A.H. (seriously ate half... or MORE!) Mommy



I like to think of myself as a person of some self-control.  However, in the past 24 hours, I have devoured an entire pan of brownies!  For those of you who know me, I don't cook let alone bake.  My sister, the amazing baker, was visiting yesterday and I was inspired to try my luck at a box of Betty's Brownies.  (My last attempt was not so good, I ended up throwing half of them away.)  My Crocker Karma must have been aligned with the planets, because my brownies ROCKED!

Now I am paying the price for indulgence.  My stomach hasn't felt right since about 3:00 this afternoon.  I didn't even eat all of my dinner.  At what age do we learn our lesson?

4 comments:

peanut3762 said...

I don't believe there is a set age for those lessons, they come at us from behind and leave us very surprised. They were truly amazing brownies though...I wish I had one!

Carrie said...

Okay, you did get one. The same size as the kids had. However, I ate the REST. And in under 24 hours from when I mixed it!!!

Julie said...

Never, we never learn this lesson!

ozartink said...

Well!!!!!! I didn't get any! (not that I need any anyway) but one of these days....we should have a creative bake off!!!!! Consider the possibilities!!!!