Sunday, June 14, 2009

Through the eyes of kids!






For the last 15 years, I have dated Jake.  Almost every June, except our wedding day, I could be found in Salina attending the Smoky Hill River Festival.  (I have the buttons to prove it!)  In the last few years, Jake and I have enjoyed scoping out the cool art and purchasing a piece for the home as an anniversary gift.  This year was a little different.  I took the kids by myself, along with the grandparents.  I didn't look at any art, let alone buy any.  I shopped at one craft station.  We at the normal festival food for lunch.  But Snow Wizard was even gone this year!  Now that I have told you how it was not the same, let me share with you how it was even better!

The weather was cool and perfect.  We got there right when it opened so it wasn't even crowded yet.  We played at the playground, explored the Legoland, bought cotton candy (for Allie) and Italian Ice (for Owen).  We left right after lunch and got home before the temperature got any hotter.  My trips to this annual event might change from year to year, but they are always enjoyable.  I'm already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm glad you could see the good in it, I too often focus on the differences that I DON'T like.

ozartink said...

Apicture's worth a thousand words.....and even these few snapshots....speak volumes...just a swingin'....could I have just one more.....truly thru the eyes of a child!!! reminds me of a Moody Blue's song!!!