Above you see a small apple. Not really anything special, or is it? When you think of apples tons of images and famous quotes come to mind.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Johnny Appleseed
- The Big Apple (NYC)
- As American as Apple Pie.
- The forbidden fruit. (Adam, Eve and the apple)
- Snow White's poisoned apple
- Apple Computers
- The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
- Apple-Jacks Cereal
- The apple of my eye.
- One bad apple doesn't ruin the whole barrel.
- Apple Bottom Jeans
- An apple for the teacher.
- Bobbing for apples
- Apple of the Week at Morse Elementary School
What? You've never heard of the last one? Well, let me fill you in. Every week, since the beginning of school, every teacher has selected 1-2 students from their class to receive the Apple of the Week Award. The principal goes to all the classes on Friday with a cart of fruit and asks the teacher who the lucky students are.
Today, Owen was one of the lucky ones! I have never been more proud of him! His behavior and focus at school has been improving daily. He even mentioned this award a few weeks ago. That he thought he might get it, but it didn't happen then. He even tried to say he really didn't want the apple. "We have apples at home. Why would I want another one?" This was his argument. But I can tell you, after picking him up from school and seeing his face... this wasn't just ANY apple! See for yourself.
I have a feeling he'll be trying for this APPLE more often. :)