Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home Grown!


If any of you know me really well, you know that I LOVE tomatoes! I get excited about fresh home grown tomatoes. There is a sweet corn stand down the street from us and I have eagerly been waiting to see if they were going to be adding tomatoes to their merchandise. This summer, my son was watching an infomercial that I'm sure you've all seen. It's the famous "Topsy Turvey". Cut out the back breaking labor and produce huge tomatoes. My son begged me for about a month, before I got online and ordered two of them. Once they arrived we had to buy two plants and all the other good stuff it takes for plants to grow. Unfortunately, one plant died! But the other one is going strong. Now comes my favorite part, yesterday I took a picture of the first tomato to turn. It's only a matter of days before I can enjoy our mighty harvest of one. But that's all it takes. Before I know it, the others will catch up. I love summer! I LOVE TOMATOES!

2 comments:

peanut3762 said...

I love you, you're so silly sometimes...I know though that if it were possible I'd have one that grew watermelons! Enjoy your well earned harvest sister mine!

ozartink said...

you say tomato.....I say......delicious! Nothing quite like that succulent sweetness of a home grown tomato! MMMMMMMMMMM GOOD!