Thursday, September 24, 2009

I can READ!


Today I got a news letter from Owen's teacher saying that they are working on the high frequency words "I" and "see". This afternoon, Owen wanted to play with my letter magnets from my teaching days. I thought I would test his memory from school. I spelled out S-E-E. "What does this say?" Owen looks at it for about a minute, then looks at me and says, "See". I wander off leaving him to manipulate the magnets. About 15 minutes later Owen comes running up to me to come and see what he had done. I walked into the room and saw the magnet board. Owen had this HUGE grin on his face and proceeded to READ to me what he wrote. "I SEE A SNAKE" he says. He is constantly amazing me with his desire to learn. I am so proud... and so is he!

3 comments:

ozartink said...

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree........no surprise!

Angie said...

hooray!

Jennifer said...

Proof that he is perfectly capable of being in Kindergarten ;) And not immature at all!! I love that kid!