Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Best Father's Day, EVER!"

The title was the text I received from Jake at the end of our afternoon. To tell you the truth, it was a pretty great day! We ended up not doing anything extra cool (like we were planning). I did my run, we ate lunch in Coolidge Corner and then that is when it got exciting!

As we were leaving Panera, we decided to go buy some water balloons and find a spray park. We were walking down the street (that was deserted because of being blocked off for a running race earlier) and suddenly heard music. Allie looked at me and said, "It's A PARADE!" And she was right. That's where we stopped and enjoyed a Brookline Parade (candy too!).

My crew

Owen liked these guys!

They played "Amazing Grace". It was AMAZING!!!

This was a drum club.

YEAH, that was loud!!

Allie loved their boots!

Ironically, I saw one of these the other night!

The band that wrapped up the parade.

By now, the kids were very ready for some water fun. We drove to Dana Park (by Owen's school) and let the kids have fun!

Daddy filling up some water balloons.

Daddy's little girl.

Daddy's little man.

It hasn't been lavish, but it has been a wonderful day.

2 comments:

peanut3762 said...

I love the pics! I can almost hear Allie going, "I TOLD you it was a parade!"

ozartink said...

It was Father's Day.....Of course there was a parade!!! The way a child
's mind works......