Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary

June 10, 2000... Jake and I were married. It's been 11 years since that day. A lot has happened in that short time. All of it, blessings. Take last night for example.

A friend of mine, Michele Hartman (she lives here in Boston), wanted to go out to dinner with me before we move away. We had originally planned on June 3. But "life" got in the way. So we casually rescheduled for the following Friday. When I went to mark the calendar, I realized that it was our anniversary. I told Jake about the plans and he encouraged me to go ahead and go out with her. I didn't really like that. So I told Michele about the conflict of interest. She quickly told me I HAD to go out with my husband on our anniversary and that she would come over to watch the kids. I ran the idea past Jake and quickly made reservations for dinner at this restaurant that I have been wanting to try since before I moved here. Michele brought her daughter, Ayana, over with her and we left for the date.

Allie took a picture of me before we left.

The Omni Parker House. You really should look this place up if you want to eat somewhere with TONS of character and is very nice. The service and food was awesome. My company was perfect. It was the BEST dinner date EVER! I ordered a cup of clam chowder (I seem to do this everywhere I go), a Caesar salad (no anchovies) and crab stuffed shrimp. YUMMY!!!

This is what Jake ordered!

He's been dying to try and eat a New England Lobster. Well, tonight he did it! I was very proud (and entertained) of him.

Notice the handsome "bib".

My favorite quote from the night... Jake says, "Yep, I might have eaten a little bit of lobster poop." This had me rolling!

And then it was time for dessert. The REAL reason we came here. The Omni Parker House is the birth place of the Boston Cream Pie. You know I had to order one! It was HEAVEN!!!

See for yourself. It even had real whipped cream.

Now here is where I think that this is a blessing. I really wanted to eat at this restaurant before I moved here and there never seemed to be the right time. 2 weeks before moving back to Kansas, it becomes the right time. That right time just happened to be on my 11th anniversary. It was PERFECT! I am so blessed!!!

4 comments:

ozartink said...

Life.....Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Happy Anniversary! That dinner looks so good-my mouth is watering! You and Jake are such a great couple. It's amazing to see what you've accomplished in 11 years. Hope your next 11 years are just as good.

Sunnye and RJ said...

Glad you had a good time. Love the dress.

Patsy Baker said...

So very sweet.