Friday, August 31, 2018

Backup Plan



By the time I laid my head on my pillow, I had accepted the fact that we wouldn't be leaving the next morning.  So plan be was in the works.  I had got on line and rented a SUV for me to drive to Spokane on Saturday.  The 2 VRBO's that I had originally booked were not going to get used.  One of the owners even reimbursed us, which not the normal policy, after I had called them to let them know we wouldn't be using their homes.  I booked a new VRBO that was located approximately half way to Spokane for all of us to stay at on Saturday night.

Jake was originally going to drive the BMW to Denver, CO for a fraternity conference with some of his friends for the weekend and then on to Spokane on that Sunday.  He decided the best plan was for him to skip that, which was already paid for, and caravan with me and my mom.  This option gave us more room to pack stuff and more cars for people to ride in.  So Jake and Owen would ride together, Mom and RJ in her car with the hamster, Allie and Lucy in my car.  Plus, we got one more day to say some more good byes.

Saturday morning won't be the smoothest leave, but I will share the "Road Trip" for tomorrow.


No comments: