Saturday, August 11, 2018

Time to "LEVEL UP"

Back in January, I told Jake that 2018 was going to be a BIG year for us.  Little did I know how BIG this year was going to be.  I'm going to start this adventure with the week in March when everything changed.

Jake has been president for his physician group for 15 months.  This has been a stressful endeavor that has waned our family.  As an outlet for professional satisfaction, Jake has been chosen to be an ABA examiner.  This takes place in Raleigh, NC for about 4 days at different times throughout the year.  Jake was scheduled to partake for his first official examiner session the week of March 4-8.  He packed his bag and we waited back in Wichita to hear how great it was.

Just a few days into his week, stress from work was reaching him via texts, emails and phone calls.  He was feeling down and didn't want to do it anymore.  His "good night" phone call that evening, left me praying that he feels valued and appreciated.  Looking back, I guess I wasn't that specific.  Because over the remaining days of the exam, Jake was not only approached by the ABA board to be added to the list of possible future directors.  But 3 different physicians came to him asking if he would be interested in working at their facility.  I should add that these 3 locations were Maui, New Hampshire (Dartmouth) and Florida.  By the time I picked him up on Thursday at the Wichita airport, his head was spinning with possibilities.  He quickly filled me in on all that had transpired over the last 48 hours and we decided that the next night would be a date night for us to discuss our options.

I will stop this post here, and continue the story tomorrow!

1 comment:

peanut3762 said...

Whirlwind to be sure!