Sunday, August 12, 2018

When doors start opening


Picking up where I left off...Jake and I go out to dinner the next night to discuss what the previous few days had been like for him.  I see a spark in his eyes that lets me know this is going to happen, so we need to get a plan.  But like all good plans we make, God has a better one!

I tell Jake, I don't want to move to Maui, and not Florida.  But that New Hampshire is a possibility.  However, I have a nagging feeling about moving to the east coast.  You see, back in February my son decided his "dream" college would be WSU.  Don't get too excited.  He wasn't referring to Wichita State University.  Nope!  He wants to attend Washington State University.  He even made a power point presentation for his English class with graphs and charts showing how much out-of-state tuition would be.

With this knowledge weighing on my heart, I inquired to Jake if he would consider checking out the west coast at job possibilities.  He said he would.

The next morning we were on our way to yoga, when Jake gets a text from a former resident that has been practicing for a few years in Spokane, WA.  A current resident that is graduating in June will be joining him and his practice and wondered if Jake would ever consider doing the same.

So over the next few days, Jake contacts both this Spokane group and the group in New Hampshire to set up interviews.  He has a week off in April that he is trying to get them both in the books, but I don't feel comfortable being away from the kids the whole week and flying across the country that much.  I tell Jake I will go to Spokane with him, but he will take on New Hampshire by himself.  He gets nervous about going there by himself and loving it, then having to come home and convince us it's our new home.

As we are driving to lunch a week later, he gets a text from a group in Olympia, WA that wants to get an interview with him.  We decide it's God's way of giving us 2 good options without having to split up the travel.  We let New Hampshire know it won't work out and proceed to schedule the 2 Washington groups during his week off in April.  Now our plan is to both go and see each city.

To Be Continued...

No comments: