Tuesday, August 21, 2018

God give me grace for others



After getting up early Friday morning to go and wire the money to to title company, my agent in Spokane calls me to say she's put an extension on our closing date to the 31st.  Perfect!  We sign some documents and that takes care of that...or so we think.  But I'll get to that later.

I have some AMAZING mom friends that I've made into part of my tribe over the last 5 years.  Some are moms of my son's friends and some are moms of my daughter's friends.  And some have just joined in along the way.  These ladies that I love, wanted to get together for lunch at one of my favorite places, Fuzzy Taco.  I couldn't wait!  Unfortunately not all of them knew about the CRAZY I had been through.  This was a perfect time to share my adventures with them over tacos.

I got there early, which is normal for me, and ordered my food.  Slowly the rest came, so I started to recount my tales.  But before I could get to relaxed, I get a phone call from the local movers asking if there was a "box" outside my house.  I told them no, so they informed me they won't be working with this national moving company I had 1-hired to do this move and 2-prepaid the money for this move.  We are talking a LOT of money.  So I call and leave a message with the coordinator of this national group, Nina.  The bonus is she is the sister of a friend of ours.  So she texts me that she will be calling me back shortly.  This unsettling news takes my appetite and my friends understand.  We get our hugs in and I head home to wait for this phone call.

Later that day, she fills me in on what happened to my box.  Apparently, the driver got a better bid in route to Wichita and decided to take that job instead.  So now Nina was calling other moving companies that she works with in KC to see if they could fill in the job.  The down side is it won't happen before the kids and I leave for Spokane on August 3rd and then it won't get to Spokane until much later after we get there.

Most people I've talked to about this, are furious and tell me to demand my money back.  For some reason, I don't share their sentiment.  I have this over whelming sense of peace and that God will take care of us.  Plus, I am confident that Nina didn't make the problem but will do everything in her power to fix it.  And she does, but the solution is later than desired.  The movers are scheduled to pick up our belongings on August 13-15.

This is actually the best situation.  We got to sleep in our own beds up until the day we drove to Spokane.  Jake was back then to finish working.  I got to ask my dad, which I almost never do, to help me out and supervise all the loading.  He didn't even have to ask off, those were already his days off.  Plus, we had Lucy, the 10 month old Golden Retriever with us not getting in the movers way.

It's ironic that when we make a solid plan and that plan doesn't go accordingly, God steps in to show us an even BETTER plan.  I just need to have grace for others and myself when my plan doesn't work.

No comments: