Monday, August 20, 2018

If it's not one thing...



So I get up early Thursday morning, I'm not sure what time the movers are showing up so I call them at 6:30 to find out.  I hear from a guy named Scott, who informs me that my "box" hasn't shown up in Wichita YET but might still show up because he had 4 workers ready to start loading my belongings. We decide to keep each other in the loop if one of us should hear from the driver.

I then call Community Bank and leave a message for Nolan asking him to call me back to talk about the loan I was approved for yesterday.  He returned my call less than an hour later.  What soon followed was what I can only explain as "Verbal Diarrhea".  The call went like this.

"Hey Nolan.  So I wanted to let you know everything about the loan I needed yesterday.  You see, I DO need the money, but it's not for a "BIG CAR"..."  I tell him about the mortgage company calling me and telling me to go and get this loan.  I tell him about the 401K check that will be arriving any day.  I apologize for lying to him, but letting him know that I was really stressed out and didn't want a break down in his office.  This went on for about 15 minutes.  When I was done, I waited to hear what his response will be.

He laughed and then paused.  He informs me that he appreciated my honesty and that it really didn't matter WHAT I was using the loan money for.  BOY, was I relieved!  He then tells me the paperwork will be done by lunch and he can wire the money to the title company then.  I thank him several times and lets me know he will call when it's all done.

I am thinking problem solved!  So I start finishing the remaining boxes so that everything will be ready when the movers show up.  Then I get a text around 8:30 that morning from Bryan at Movement Mortgage.  It says, "Carrie, I just got an email from Processing the loan program does not allow for borrowed funds (a loan) even with secured assets.  So you need not go get the car loans today.  Sorry I didn't know this yesterday, I was just thinking outside the box."  EXCUSE ME?!

Now I must call Nolan back and tell him that I don't need the loan after all.  I am starting to lose my mind!  I call Bryan and ask him what he wants me to do.  He then decides to have them send the wire and if the title company doesn't accept it, they will deny the wire.  So I call Nolan and tell him this.  I get the sense he is feeling how CRAZY this whole process is.  So he tells me he will call me when the paper work is all finished to make sure I want him to wire the money.

Around lunch time, I call Scott about the movers.  Still no sign of the driver or the box.  Scott tells me that even if it shows up now, it will need to wait until tomorrow and hopefully he will have enough men to do the job.  AWESOME!!!  (Note the sarcasm)

I continue to pack some random boxes just to feel like something is going well.  The kids and I go and check the mail for a break.  Guess what I find?  The 401K check!!!!  I call my agent and tell her it came.  She instructs me to go deposit it right away so that it might clear tonight and I can wire the money first thing tomorrow morning.  I then call Nolan and tell him I got the 401K check and he celebrates with me.  He then tells me he is shredding the paperwork on the car loan.  Unbelievable!!! I wasted so much of this guy's time and he just throws it away to help me.  On top of that, I didn't have the actual titles to those two vehicles.  So Nolan sent the paper work in and had them mailed to our Spokane address.

We quickly drive to the bank and deposit the check.  The teller tells me that I will have access to the funds tomorrow morning.  I smile and say I will be back when they open to send a wire.

Now...what to do with the movers?

No comments: