Thursday, August 16, 2018

Home is where your heart is



Now that we know where we are moving to, we must get our current home ready to sell.  I had started this process several years ago, when we thought we might move to Nashville.  But this was different. I knew who we wanted our agent to be, Amelia Sumeral.  She actually lives around the corner from us.  But as we were going through all of our stuff, we began to realize...WE HAVE A LOT OF STUFF!

Over the next 8 weeks, I would go through our belongings and get rid of the stuff we didn't want anymore.  Then buy boxes.  And more boxes.  And more boxes.  In fact, I was buying boxes up until the day before we left Wichita.  But it was a job I actually enjoyed.  Yeah, something may be wrong with me.

To add to our equation of factors, we have asked Jake's dad to move to Spokane WITH us.  As in he would live in the house with us.  So he too asked Amelia to help sell his house and began getting rid of just about everything except a bedroom set and some boxes.

We love our house.  We built it 11 years ago.  It was perfect for us.  Unfortunately, that doesn't translate into perfect for someone else.  It is currently still for sale.  We've had several showings and a couple of open houses.  But no takers.  The 2 dogs that we have in our family have made it somewhat challenging with the dog smell that apparently we are used to.  But now that all of our stuff is out of the house, I'm sure it will sell quickly.  The right family will walk in and fall in love with it.  Just like I did the first time I saw our Spokane house online.  But I will share that tomorrow.

No comments: