Saturday, October 3, 2009

Where to begin...


I am always amazed at how blessed I am by those around me in my everyday life. This past week Jake and I were able to get away and enjoy each other's company in NYC and Boston, thanks to a few members of my family.

My dad has always been the "Mr. Wonka" in my life. A man who showed me, "There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be." I had fun, learned lessons and discovered the endless possibility a day can bring. When I offered him the opportunity to watch the kids while we were away, my heart sang when he eagerly accepted and began planning his "vacation".

My sister has always been my right-hand man. If I was ever in a need, she had my back. Ever since she moved to Wichita, I have found a new appreciation for all she does for me.

Between my dad and sister, the kids had one of the best "vacations" at home. They kept them busy and days filled with fun and photos. Every day I would make my check-in phone call home to make sure everyone was doing ok. But every phone call ended the same way, with a sense of peace. I know the t-shirts we brought back won't even come close to how much we thank them for all they did this past week. But hopefully they have a few memories to last them a life time.

P.S. Thanks to my mom and R.J. for the day visit as well. I LOVE the new DVD you bought the kids!

1 comment:

ozartink said...

Gee.....they went to "Boston" and all I got was this t-shirt...but oh what a vacation.....one for the books! It was a double header and a week of "homeruns"! What an opportunity to connect with the grandkids AND my daughter....a golden opportunity and truly enjoyed! Life is too short not to take advantage of such "windows of opportunity"! Words can only begin to describe the satisfaction and fulfillment in the time.....well spent! THANK Y OU!