Friday, August 20, 2010

Marriage...

Means... the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage

If you were to ask me it means being there for someone else, making them a priority, wanting to be the best you for someone else. In other words, NOT... I need you here for ME, make ME a priority, what can you do for ME!

But in a marriage you make a partnership where two people have the same focus, the other person. I've recently moved 1600+ miles from a place where I've only known as home. I packed the bare necessities and my two kids and we've come to Boston to make it our "home" for the next 10 months. I did this because my husband got offered a fellowship with Children's Hospital of Boston. It's amazing all the things he is learning.

I get the feeling he thinks this is a major undertaking for his benefit. And in some aspects, it is. But in so many other ways, it is the adventure of a life time. And we GET to be a part of it.

Today he came home from working and informed me that I needed a "Carrie Date". Some time for myself. He fed the kids, bathed the kids and got them ready for bed. I got to go on a 4+ mile run around a neat area, shower back at the apartment and then off to this HUGE shopping area called Cambridge Galleria. I got to eat anything I wanted for dinner. I got to leisurely walk through all 3 floors looking at the different stores. It was heaven. I came home just in time to kiss the kids goodnight.

For those of you who know me, I try my hardest to always be "on top of it". Kids, friends, house work, bills, birthdays, phone numbers, appointments... you get the idea. Well, here I've been a little out of my element. OK... A LOT! But I'm trying my best to keep it together. Luckily, my husband acknowledges this and knows when I need to recharge. He's there for me. He wants me to be happy. And I am!

1 comment:

ozartink said...

The Dr. knows the right Rx!! It's teamwork from start to finish....and when you are doing what you are ......it makes all the difference! Congratulations on a great beginning....in Boston!