Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Convenience at it's BEST!

I have had the "BEST DAY".

Allow me to elaborate. I was told last month that my car would need it's front brake pads replaced. Since we will be driving to Maine this weekend (and to Wichita, KS in 5 weeks), I felt we should get it done soon. Today is my day off from working out, so after dropping Owen off at school we took my car to the mechanic.

If I were to do this back home, it would be a bit of a hassle. But here, NO WAY! The car place is within walking distance of the amazing park. The weather was PERFECT, so we played from 9:00-11:00 at the park. Then we walked to Panera for lunch. After lunch, the car wasn't ready yet (no problem). We walked to Target. Buy the things on my list and we are walking back to the car place. The owner of the shop is finishing up my car as we walk in. He even drives it around the block to make sure the brakes don't stick or make noise. The timing is unbelievable. I drive to Owen's school right on time to pick him up.

Our day goes on, just as wonderful as it started. But I can't get over how convenient it was this morning, being able to walk everywhere. This is one thing I will miss when we move back to Kansas.

1 comment:

ozartink said...

Sounds like a typical "Carrie" day.....with all the pieces of the puzzle falling into place at their appointed time and place.....don't you just love it when a plan falls into place????