Saturday, May 14, 2011

Training-week 8 (epiphany)

I couldn't stop at 13, so I ran 13.1. (half marathon)

I have always been a "list" person. I mentally think that if it is written down somewhere, it's basically a done deal. So if you were to look at my running schedule, you might think it's time for medication. I have it written down not once or twice, but it is in 4 different locations. Talk about "set-in-stone". I have a hard time skipping a task that seems so important. So I don't. I don't even mentally think up excuses or dread any of my workouts. Talk about an epiphany! I used to be pretty good about sticking with an exercise routine, but life always tended to take a priority to it. Now I have a whole new outlook on the concept of exercise. I don't even really think about it. I know it's written down on the calendar (like going to the library to return books), so I just do it. If "life" happens, I make alterations to my schedule. I haven't skipped a SINGLE workout in the last 8 weeks! Even when we had visitors here. I know I'm still a ways away from the marathon, but somehow I feel like I've beaten the first obstacle that people face when training. I'll keep you all posted!

3 comments:

Sunnye and RJ said...

That is further than the distance from Osborne to Downs. Keep that in mind. Way to go.

Patsy Baker said...

Good attitude. I always look forwarded to work outs. Its SUPPOSED to be fun. BTW did you cut your hair.

ozartink said...

I have ridden that far on a bike....but.....never run or even walked that distance!! I am so proud of you!!